1. Why is the room not cold?
- Aircon temperature is set too high.
- windows and doors are opened.
- remote control is not the cooling mode.
- indoor fancoil is dirty resulting in weak discharge of cool air
- outdoor condenser is dirty resulting in overheating of compressor.
- Parts may be faulty.
- May not be enough refrigerant in the aircon system.
- Air conditioner installed is undersized.
2. Why is the aircon leaking water?
Water condensate in the indoors fancoil and discharge through a drainage pipe. Water will start leak when the drainage pipe is choked /clogged
3. Why is the aircon not working??
- electrical power is not working.
- wiring problem
- P.C.B problem.
4. Why is the aircon smelly?
This could be due to the smell of cigarettes odours or other air pollution being absorbed into the unit and thus discharge with the air flow.
5. Why does the aircon needs chemical cleaning?
A general service cannot improve the condition, chemical cleaning is necessary. Chemical flush is a very thorough way of cleaning the air conditioner.
SkyZone offers a comprehensive air-con chemical wash service designed to restore your air-conditioner to pristine, brand new condition. Keep your air-conditioning unit in peak condition with Skyzone’s chemical wash and you’ll see and feel the difference in performance.
6. Why is the aircon noisy ?
- Normally noisy resulted from dirty fan coil.
- Faulty parts in the aircon system.
- Vibrationg noise resulted from something wrong indoor fancoil / outdoor condenser.
7. What are the Benefits of Aircon Services?
- Cooler Environment – With regular servicing, the aircon will perform at its optimum potential resulting in a cooler enviroment for you. Often people wait for the aircon system to breakdown and only then will they hire a company for aircon services. Skyzone ensures that with regular maintainence your environment will always be a pleasant one.
- Power Effiecient – Playing a very important part to even deciding an aircon system is the power consumption. With a regular Aircon services provided by Skyzone, you can be rest assured that the aircon will consume less power.
- Minimal Water Leakage - Regular aircon services from reputed firms like SkyZone will ensure that water leakage are monitored and fixed.
- Less Aircon Repair Charges – Constant maintenance will ensure that your aircon is performing well and results in fewer charges that are incurred for an one-time fix of broken down aircon systems. Skyzone’s aircon services come with professional knowledge of these systems so you can have the best recommendations at the cheapest rate.
- The aircon lifespan will be prolong.
8. Can I service the aircon myself?
You can clean the fancoil cover and wash the air filter by yourself. However, it is advisable to engage qualified service technicians as they have the proper tools & equipment to service the aircon check the safety circuits, refrigerant pressure and also vacuum the drainage pipe.
9. Why does the air-con switch on/off by itself and have its indicator light blinking?
It could be due to a defective electronic circuit board. Hence there is a need to diagnose and repair the fault. It is best to consult our specialists for further assistance.
10. What is the optimal air-conditioner temperature to be set?
Generally, 25oC26oC is optimum. A mere 1oC increase can raise your operating cost up by 15%.
11. What is the warranty period for aircon unit?
For residential units the warranty period for the spare part is 1 year and for the compressor is 5 years which is provided by the local agent.
12. What is an inverter air conditioner?
An inverter system has a variable speed compressor.The inverter system has a variable speed compressor.The rotation speed frequency is regulated intelligently to meet specific cooling load requirement. Power consumption is thus more efficient.
13. What type of air con services do your company provide?
We provide a full range of air con service. The following are the list:
- Aircon servicing
- Regular contract maintenance
- Chemical cleaning/ Chemical overhaul
- Installation of air conditioning system
- Aircon repair
- Evaluate and advice
14. What happen if I do not service my aircon?
The life span of the air conditioner will be shortened, coolness decreases with usage and water leaking problem may occur as a result of a choke drainage system. The inefficient operation will then cause the electricity consumption to increase.
15. How frequent should I Service my aircon unit?
It is good to service residential airconditioner around 3 to 4 times per year and every month for office and commercial units.However, this period will diffes according to the amount of usage.
16. Why should I sign a service maintenance contract?
- Discount on spare parts replacement and chemical overhaul.
- Ensures that you will have a healthy and pleasant living environment.
17. Why Do I Need Regular Airconditioning Service?
- With regular usage all aircons need an airconditioning service. Although, you can clean the fancoil cover and wash the air filter on your own, you will still need an expert from companies like Skyzone that can offer qualified and professional airconditioning service and support.
- You will also need an airconditioning service when there is a water leakage issue or when the aircon smells foul and is noisy. With regular airconditioning service you can also get rid of various faulty parts in the aircon and get them cleaned regularly to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
18. What If I Do Not Go For Regular Airconditioning Service?
- Airconditioning service is essential for the efficitent use of your aircon and therefore when you do not opt for any airconditioning service the additional expenses is rather huge when there is a breakdown of the system. That would also affect the life span and performance of your airconditioning system.
- The coolness decreases with the continual usage of an aircon for many months and years at a stretch. Your aircon may also have water leakage issues because of choke up in the drainage system which will lead to more consumption of electricity in the future. Your aircon will also have frequent mechanical faults that will increase your aircon repair expenditure. A regular airconditioning service is thus highly recommended.